June 23, 2009

The Many Problems with Today's Yeshivot

Interesting guest post on Dov Bear's blog regarding the many downsides of today's Yeshivot.

The million dollar question is:

"If a family provides a frum, Jewish home which demonstrates a love for Yiddishkeit and if the parents learn with their children or hire a rabbi to learn with them this is still not nearly as good as a yeshiva?"

Read the rest here.

If you ask me, I'd much prefer to home-school my children personally, one-on-one. Public school is out of the question, especially the ones in my district; but, if I were able to home-school my kids, have them take all the required state examinations, hire a G-d-fearing, sincere Rabbi to teach them Torah THE RIGHT WAY!! -- Now THAT would be a perfect world! Of course, I'd have to to make an effort to make sure my children aren't overly isolated and that they develop a good sense of personality, character and social skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Jewish Bloggers
Powered By Ringsurf